Sunday, April 26, 2009

Another butterfly

Hello again. This is my second challenge card for the Gina K stamp release. This challenge was called double vision, which meant that you had to make a background with the same stamp that you used for your focal image.

The butterfly from Take Flight (Gina K) was stamped with stazon in on vanilla card stock and colored with colored pencils and gamsol. The I cut it out, leaving off the antennae. When possible, it's much easier to simply stamp the image again and glue the colored image over it, which is what I did on this card.

I chose tangerine tango card stock for the card base to go with the colors on the butterfly. The background layer is the same butterfly stamped many times with tangerine ink.

I decided to place the butterfly on an angled panel with some eyelets on one end. The butterfly wings are raised on dimensional tape.

For the sentiment, I first stamped it right on the background piece, but it didn't show up well, and it was crooked (which is why I prefer my stamps wood-mounted). This set is still unmounted. So, anyway, I needed to fix my booboo. So I stamped the sentiment on some tangerine and just made a strip across the bottom of the card. All in all, a very easy card.

What's in it?
stamps: Take Flight (Gina K)
ink: jet black stazon, tangerine tango
paper: tangerine tango, very vanilla
other: colored pencils, gamsol, crop-a-dile, eyelets, foam tape

Thanks so much for stopping by.

No comments: