Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Butterfly

Hello. It's a new week - a time for new opportunities. Yesterday it rained all day, sometimes pouring (lightning & thunder) and sometimes just misting, but whatever, it was WET. Today looks like maybe more of the same, though I haven't checked a forecast.

Thursday evening Gina K had another stamp release. Although I totally missed the on-line party, I wanted to play along in the challenges, since there are always randomly picked winners that receive free stamps. And who doesn't like free stamps? So yesterday, I stamped my cards for each of the challenges. To make it a bit easier, I decided to use the same image for all three challenges. I used a butterfly from the Take Flight stamp set stamped with stazon ink on vanilla card stock and colored using color pencils and gamsol.

The first challenge was to adorn your corner. I used yellows and oranges for the butterfly and sponged the cs edges with chocolate chip and matted with chocolate chip card stock. For the corner, I decided to use one of my crocheted flowers. I die cut some leafy branches with a sizzlit die from SU, added a couple snips of orange ribbon and attached the flower with a jumbo brad.

The card base is vanilla. The next layer is chocolate chip topped with some digital designer paper from Gina K that I sponged along the edges and then ran through my cuttlebug in the CB textile embossing folder. It's really hard to see the design on the paper. I added a horizontal stripe using three pieces of grosgrain ribbon. Then I attached the image panel on dimensional tape.

What's in it?
stamps: take flight (Gina K)
ink: jet black stazon, chocolate chip
paper: very vanilla, chocolate chip, always artichoke, digital dp (Gina K)
other: sponge, grosgrain ribbon, crochet flower (handmade by me), little leaves sizzlit die (SU), cuttlebug, CB textile embossing folder, colored pencils, gamsol, jumbo brad (Making Memories), foam tape

Thanks so much for stopping by. I'll have a couple more posts today with the other challenge cards. I could put them all in one post, but I understand that most people prefer just one card per post.

No comments: