Wednesday, July 22, 2009

corrugated friendship

Hi there. It's sketch time. My card today is for the sketch challenge on SCS. I had a little fun and added some corrugated cardboard.

I started by stamping the little birdie from cheep talk 3 times in ballet blue on ivory. Then I punched them out with a 1-1/4" square punch and punched the corners with a ticket corner punch. I added some faux stitching in navy. They are layered on scalloped squares.

The card base is ivory with navy faux stitching. The cardboard is swiped with my white craft ink pad to lighten up the brown. I attached the birds with foam tape and added a piece of navy ribbon and then glued the cardboard to a strip of navy.

The sentiment is stamped in ballet blue.

Photo corner punches were added to fill in some empty space. I finished it off with some white faux stitching.

What's in it?
stamps: cheep talk, wonderful words (SU)
ink: ballet blue, night of navy marker, white craft
paper: night of navy, naturals ivory, corrugated cardboard
other: 1-1/4" square punch, scallop square punch, ticket corner punch, photo corner punch, white gel pen, navy grosgrain ribbon, foam tape

Now I'm going to go find some lunch and then it's time to do some quilting.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Be blessed.

No comments: