Saturday, July 18, 2009

want a cookie?

Hi everyone. Last night was a mini VSN (virtual stamp night) on SCS. What adds to the fun of the challenges is that you only have 45 minutes in which to complete each one and a deadline to upload. I was actually able to do all four challenges. The first challenge required using a regular hole punch (1/4") and at first, I was stumped as to what to do. But then it hit me - chocolate chip cookies! So that's what I made on my card.

I punched out some scalloped circles from caramel card stock, sponged the edges with chocolate chip ink, then crumbled them up and sponged over the wrinkles to make them look more realistic. The 1/4" chocolate punches became the chips.

I made a lacy edge with a Martha Stewart punch.

The sentiment is from a background stamp called word by word, which I cut apart and mounted each word on a separate block.

I actually had the card finished and had taken pictures, when I realized that it still needed more, so I went back and added the white dots. What a difference that made.

What's in it?
stamps: word by word (SU)
ink: chocolate chip
paper: chocolate chip, real red, creamy caramel, whisper white
other: 1/4" circle punch, scallop circle punch, doily lace punch (Martha Stewart), ribbon (Michael's), foam tape, white gel pen.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Be blessed.

2 comments:

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh Melody! This is so clever and so cute! They really do look like CCC's, too. LOL

Starla said...

VERY clever (and I now have a craving for chocolate chips...lucky for me~~I have some in the freezer!!)