Hi everyone. Am I the only one who starts a card, but then just can't seem to pull it together to get it finished and sets it aside to work on later? That's what happened with this card. I saw this card by Kim Hughes and really liked the layout, so I thought I'd use it.
On Wednesday, I started by stamping French filigree in chocolate on an old olive card stock base. Then I added a piece of rust and a piece of mustard. On the mustard, I stamped the French filigree in mustard and then a couple of the stamps from extreme elements in mustard and ruby red. I had a sparkly butterfly, but it just didn't go with the rest of the card. I thought I could substitute a die cut bird, but since I was at my sister's, I didn't have the supplies I needed to do that, so the card was set aside to wait until I got home.
I had some old music glued onto chipboard from a cereal box, so I cut out the one I wanted. But then I didn't get to finish working on the card that night.
On Thursday, I pulled out the card again, sponged the edges of the bird with vintage photo ink, but couldn't figure out how to complete the card. The rust piece was too plain and the card just felt lifeless. So I set it aside again.
Today, I pulled it out again and made some major changes. I die cut a new bird and sponged the edges with not quite navy and stamped it with the flourish from baroque motifs in the same color -- oh, what a difference that color change made. Then I removed the piece of rust and replaced it with a piece of music that was just sponged in rust and stamped the flourish from baroque motifs in ruby red. That also brightened up the card.
But now that blue seemed needed some companion pieces to pull it into the card better, so I added the scalloped border at the bottom of the mustard piece. Better. I attached the bird with dimensionals.
I decided that I would like brads, but didn't want them to show on the inside of the card, so I resorted to making some faux brads by punching 1/4" & 3/8" circles from the music and gluing 4 together for thickness. I sponged the edges and used a marker to color the sides. They are attached with mini glue dots.
The sentiment is from a retired hostess set called happiness always.
All stamps are SU.
Thanks so much for stopping by today. Be blessed.