Monday, August 31, 2009

Another butterfly


Hi everyone. Today I made another butterfly card. Gina K had another release party last week and the deadline for challenge cards is today, so I managed to get one done. I made a card for the sketch challenge.

In my scrap pile I found the black and vanilla circles already die cut, so rather than pull out my cuttlebug and dies, I just used these. I first stamped the butterfly on another piece of vanilla and colored it using gamsol magic technique and cut it out. Then I stamped it again on the vanilla circle and stamped over that with SU's linen background in caramel. For the flowers, I colored with markers, huffed and stamped. Brads were added to the centers. I sponged around the edges of the scallops with chocolate chip ink and matted on black.

The ruby red background is stamped with SU's French filigree background stamp in ruby red. The designer paper strip is Basic Grey.

For the smaller circle, I pulled out one of my crocheted flowers, added a button and backed it with a scalloped circle punch, sponged around the edges.

What's in it?
stamps: linen, French filigree (SU), take flight, peace & comfort (Gina K)
ink: jet black stazon, creamy caramel, ruby red, old olive, chocolate chip
paper: basic black, very vanilla, ruby red, naturals ivory, dp (Basic Grey confused)
other: black brads, cuttlebug, circles nestabilities, scallop circle punch, sponge dauber, crochet flower, button, foam tape

Thank you so much for visiting. Have a wonderful day.

No comments: