Saturday, August 15, 2009

It's VSN weekend

Happy Saturday, everyone. It's right in the middle of VSN (virtual stamp night on SCS). This is a totally fun weekend of challenges. You get only 45 minutes to complete each one and then a deadline for uploading them to the gallery, not like the normal weekly challenges which have no time limit. This vsn is all about food. Check it out and play along.

The first challenge was called orchid soup and the requirement were a flower and a circle on your card. I used my favorite Penny Black flower, blush. I inked it with markers and then misted with water before stamping on my circle. I sponged the edge of the circle with chocolate chip ink, added some pearls and layered it on a scalloped black circle.

My card base is rich razzleberry, and the scalloped layer is vanilla, also sponged with chocolate chip. The designer paper is layered on black and razzleberry. I don't remember who makes the paper.

The sentiment is from Small Script, punched out with a large oval punch and layered on black. I added some dots on the scalloped circle with white gel pen and some razzleberry dots for faux piercing along the vanilla scallops.

The image and sentiment are both popped up.

What's in it:
stamps: small script (SU), blush flower (Penny Black)
ink: rich razzleberry, garden green, soft suede, chocolate chip, jet black stazon
paper, rich razzleberry, basic black, very vanilla, dp (?)
other: sponge, white gel pen, cuttlebug, circle nestabilities, large oval and scalloped oval punches, half pearls, foam tape

Thanks so much for stopping by. I'll try to post more of my challenge cards later. Right now, I need to go see about lunch. Have a wonderfilled day.

3 comments:

Starla said...

OOOOO!!! This turned out great!

Sherry Cheever said...

Well you had to know that this flower would immediately catch my eye! Beautiful card, Melody!!!! Love the colors too!!

seamom said...

Striking card... VERY beautiful! I love the layout too. In fact I used it to create a card for my sister-in-law who is soon to be a Grandmother for the first time. TFS.