Wednesday, August 19, 2009

spice it up

Hello and happy Wednesday. No stamping for me today, so I thought I'd show you another one of my VSN cards. For this challenge we had to use spices or seeds on our card.

I started with a card base of always artichoke. I love all the food names that SU uses on their colors. I added a strip of certainly celery wheeled with artichoke and layered on black, with a ribbon tied around it.

Then I glued some old olive card stock to some chipboard from a pasta box and die cut leaves with a sizzix die in my cuttlebug. I glued spices to each of the leaves with mod podge. From top to bottom - mint, curry powder, celery seed, and chili powder. Then I put another coat of mod podge over the top to make sure that the spices didn't flake off.

The sentiment was stamped in artichoke on celery, punched with a large oval punch and layered on a black scallop oval punch. The sentiment oval and two of the leaves are popped up.

This card smells wonderful!

What's in it?
stamps: whimsy jumbo wheel, warmest regards (SU)
ink: always artichoke
paper: always artichoke, old olive, certainly celery, chipboard
other: spices, mod podge, cuttlebug, leaves 2 Sizzix die, large & scallop oval punches, foam tape, black gingham ribbon

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Be blessed.

No comments: