Monday, October 5, 2009

a double challenge card

Hi everyone. Today I made a card that combines the technique challenge on SCS, which is faux suede, and an inspiration challenge (EHWCMD5) on the Classroom. I went for colors, green, brown & aqua, an unusual combination to be sure, but I like it.

The main image is embossing resist. First I stamped the woodgrain pattern from Hero Arts in creamy caramel ink on vanilla cardstock. Then I stamped the leaves (Hero Arts) over it in versamark, covered with clear embossing powder and heated. Then I sponged old olive ink over the whole piece. I layered this on chocolate chip, added some brads and glued it to my cool caribbean card base.

Along the bottom, I stamped thinking of you ribbon stamp (Hero Arts) in chocolate chip.

I wanted a big flower that would pull all the colors in, so I looked in my stash & found this big prima flower. I used the faux suede technique to make the chocolate chip layer and the leaves and pulled out a flower that had been punched from some handmade paper. I manipulated the flowers with a stylus on a mouse pad to give them some dimension. The leaves were crimped and sponged. The flower is adhered with dimensional tape.

Thanks for stopping by today. Have a wonder-filled day.

No comments: