Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Happy St. Patty's Day

Ha! I'll guess you are wondering if I've gone crazy! Well, no, I haven't. But I do have a fun green card to show you today.

On Saturday, my sister and I spent the morning at a stamp/scrap expo here in town, and we both managed to spend a bit of money. Yesterday's card showed one of the items I purchased, an embossing folder from Quikutz. I got three of those, plus a few from Sizzix. I also found a Sizzix Bigz ornament die that is exactly the kind I was looking for (for 40% off, too). I wanted one that I could cut chipboard with. This has 2 ornaments, a round one and a fancy one - perfect - and a nice size as well. I think I will be able to make stencils to play with, too. I found a few stamps and embellishments as well. I was happy with what I found. Anyway, I'm a little off track here.

Saturday evening was a mini VSN on SCS and I got to play. I did 4 out of the 5 challenges. By the time I finished the 4th one, I was ready to go to bed, too tired to even upload that card until the next morning.

The first challenge was make a card with a holiday stamp masquerading as a different holiday. So I used a pretty heart stamp to make a shamrock and made a St. Patty's day card.

I stamped the heart 4 times in garden green on gable green and cut them out. I arranged them as a shamrock on white cardstock and drew in the stem. I then used my ticket corner punch on all four corners and sponged the edges with green galore.

I printed the sentiment on the computer and die cut it with a spellbinders label die. I then added some sponging to the edges. I cut a few 1/4" strips of green galore cardstock and glued them on at an angle. The brads are 1/4" circle punches with a white gel pen highlight. The sentiment piece is raised on dimensional tape. The card base is garden green.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Be blessed.

No comments: