Wednesday, October 28, 2009

how many layers?

Hi everyone. It's another gray, cloudy day here today. I would really like to see some sunshine. I have another card that I did on Saturday for the VSN mini on SCS. This challenge was to make a one layer card. Yup, just one piece of cardstock. I didn't even add any extra embellishments like ribbon or brads, etc. Just ink and paper.

I started with a vanilla card base. I used my cuttlebug and a nestabilities label to make a mask, which I used both parts. I masked the outside and sponged on the inside in chocolate chip and stamped the oak leaf from autumn splendor (SU) in really rust.

Then I removed the outside mask and used the inside one to draw around and make a border. I should have used another size die to make it easier, but instead I did it the hard way and had to pen in the color very carefully.

Leaving that mask in place, I sponged more mustard over the rest of the card.

Using some post-it notes, I left just a narrow strip open for a faux ribbon and sponged on really rust. I added stitches with a white gel pen.

I used my mat pack and a chocolate chip marker to make faux brads, which white gel pen highlights.

The sentiment is from pocket silhouettes (SU).

Thanks for stopping by today. Be blessed.

1 comment:

tigerlily55 said...

I'm impressed! I thought for sure you had more than one layer there! I'd love to see it in person. Thanks for the ideas.