Thursday, January 28, 2010

lady of grace

Hi everyone. Have you missed me? I have been such a bad blogger. I've been working a lot on my quilt, but there is really nothing to show with that yet. But here I am with a card, which I made for today's ways to use it challenge on SCS. This one was to use textiles - sweet! I didn't even have to dig very far for some fabric scraps. And I also got to use a new stamp.


I chose my colors to go with the fabric, hence the eggplant accented with sage shadow. I glued the fabric to a piece of scrap cardstock, trimmed it, and then glued that to the sage shadow card base.
I thought that the backgound was too bare, so I decided to use the little border stamp from Vintage Vogue (SU) along the top and bottom of the fabric. Well, even using my stamp-a-ma-jig, I managed to stamp those very crooked, so out came some eggplant grosgrain ribbon to hide the boo boos.


I stamped the main image on a scrap of vanilla with jet black stazon and used prismacolor pencils and gamsol to color it. This is a new image called Lady of Grace from Stampington & Co., which I recently acquired along with a few others. But this one had not seen any ink until today. After coloring, I trimmed the cardstock down for an unusual shape and sponged a tiny bit of eggplant ink on the edges, and then attached it to the card with dimensional tape.


I wanted this to be a thank you card, so I pulled out the sentiment from a very old SU set called Watercolor Wishes and stamped it in eggplant.


At this point, I really felt that the left side of the card needed something to perk it up, so I pulled out my big shot & a bigz die called Decorative Accents with Flower and die cut that from vanilla cardstock. I lightly sponged it and glued it down, trimming off the part that extended beyond the card. Then I pulled out some sticky back pearls and added them to the flourish and one on her dress. I'm very pleased with how this turned out.


Thanks so much for visiting today. Have a beautiful day.

4 comments:

wwilloww said...

What a gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing it!!

WandaG_CT said...

Absolutely love this card, so classy!

Susan (rainy) said...

Beautiful colors, Melody. And I love the design.. Wonderful card.

seamom said...

Very nice card! I appreciate the way you share your creative process. A learning experience...