Hi bloggers. I just thought I'd share a peek of what I've been working on lately. This is another one of those quilts that I started several years ago and then it sat, because I was a bit bogged down in stamping classes. I laid them out on the floor just to see what they looked like all together. There wasn't enough space to lay them all out flat, so some are overlapping. I pretty much left them where I first put them - just made a few swaps to scatter the color.
These are all hand appliqued and I plan to hand quilt it, so it will be awhile before it's finished. But first I have to decide what fabric to use for the sashing and binding. I'm thinking maybe something bright to perk it up a bit, but I'll have to delve into my stash to see what I have.
There are a total of 35 blocks, although I made 37 and had more of the applique pieces all ready to go. I just decided that if I added some sashing between the blocks instead of more blocks, I could get it finished sooner.
These are 12-1/2" blocks. Final size will be 12". I haven't decided yet how wide I'll make the sashing.
Thanks for stopping by.