Monday, March 22, 2010

Happy Spring!

Hey bloggers. I am so glad to see signs of spring. Although, I must admit that I really do like having four seasons. I just tend to stay inside more during the winter months. Our snow has all melted, so hopefully we won't see any more covering the ground until some time in November.

Today's technique challenge on SCS was about memories from childhood. One of the things I loved to do back then was look for pussy willows in the spring. I have some sitting on my kitchen table right now, because one of the ladies in my lace group brought some to share. I took them out of the water, so they will last a long time.

I pulled out a couple of pussy willow stamps for my card. The card base is stamped with a small image in creamy caramel and the main image is a larger one, stamped in black stazon and colored with prismacolor pencils and gamsol. The layers are punched with my Martha Stewart doily lace punch and sponged with chocolate chip ink. The brown layer is a piece of brown paper bag.

For the buttons, I made faux buttons from cardstock, with the top layer brown paper bag. To make them, you punch the holes in the top layer, then center those in your circle punch (I used 5/8") and punch. Punch 3 or 4 more circles and glue them all together. Then use the little holes as a guide to punch through the back layers. I glued them together with mod podge and also coated the top with that.

I added some linen thread as an accent and popped up the main image on dimensional tape.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Have a wonder-filled week.

1 comment:

Starla said...

One of my favorite color combos...great spring card