Monday, March 1, 2010

One more for VSN

Hey bloggers. Today was nice and sunny, although the temps are still not very warm. I think it was around 40 today. Not that I'd be outside in the snow anyway.

I decided to get one more card done for VSN, so I tried some tea bag folding. I went to the site listed that had instructions on folding and there was a link to another site that had free papers to print, so I copied a couple and printed them 8 times. I tried two different ways of folding. The other one was more complicated, but I liked that the final piece was smaller. Unfortunately, since I wasn't all that sure on what I was doing, I messed it up, so had to go with this one, which is called a kite fold.

After folding, I glued the pieces to a scrap piece of cardstock and then mounted that on black and pale plum, with a tempting turquoise card base.

I punched out a black flower with my boho blossoms punch for the center and added a rhinestone.

I recently bought a small photo corner punch (EK Success) that added a nice frame to the corners.

The sentiment is from Endless Creations. I added a bit of knotted black grosgrain ribbon for balance.

Thank you so much for stopping by today. Be blessed.

No comments: