Friday, June 4, 2010

just playing

Hey, everyone! Wow! It's been two weeks since I've stamped anything. I guess I really needed the break, since my mojo has been on vacation. I decided, though, that I really needed to get out my stamps and play today. I used a bunch of new things on this card.

I started by pulling out some blue cardstock that I only have a few sheets of and don't have any idea where I got it, but the color was nice, so I decided to use it. I paired it up with some vanilla & some not quite navy ink.

The flower is hero arts, which I bought some time ago and hadn't used. I wanted to use the baroque sizzix die by Tim Holtz, so I cut 2 and embossed one with SU's square lattice embossing folder and stamped the flower on the other one. I sponged the embossed one all over and then the edges of both pieces. I offset the embossed one to act as a shadow.

I thought the corners were too bare, so I added the little punches from SU's itty bitty shapes punch pack, which are also sponged (good way to ink up your fingers).

Thanks for stopping by today. Have a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

bensarmom said...

This is so pretty. Love your corners.

Starla said...

Love the idea of using one of the die cuts as a shadow!! (now to find the key to unlock the "memory" vault on that one!!)