Monday, July 19, 2010

All that glitters

Happy Monday, everyone. It's very foggy here this morning, but I imagine that will burn off later as it's supposed to be mostly sunny today, and the forecast says not as hot as it's been for the last week.

I've managed so far to keep up with all the challenges for Dare to Get Dirty 2010 for fan club members. If you're not a SCS fan club member, these links will not work for you. On Saturday, there were five challenges and yesterday, four more. By combining two or three challenges into one card, I've done them all with only four cards. That doesn't always work for me, so I'm happy that it did this time.

The last challenge I did last evening was from craftycaro. I pulled out a brand new SU hostess set called Because I Care that had not yet been inked. I knew this hydrangea image would be great to use with the dazzling diamond dust technique.

I stamped the image with black stazon on whisper white cardstock and colored it with SU markers in bashful blue, marina mist, certainly celery, and old olive. Then I inked the whole piece with versamark and embossed it with iridescent ice embossing powder, giving it a lovely shimmer. I mounted that on black, punched a few rectangle holes, ran a black ribbon through and tied it.

For the card base I decided to use marina mist. I had a piece that was only 8" wide, so I cut a 5-1/2" strip from that, scored at 4-1/4" and decided to use the short side as the card front with a punched edge. I used my eyelet border punch. I also punched a piece of white and black and adhered those underneath the card edge.

I thought it would be fun to use the tiny flower in the set to make a border that you could see peeking out behind the punched edge. So I stamped a bunch of flowers, colored them the same as the large image, and then used a versamarker to ink over each flower, added iridescent ice EP and heated. Of course, then I had to cut each of those tiny flowers out and glue them to the inside back of the card.

I attached the main image with dimensional tape and stamped the sentiment with black stazon.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Have a wonder-filled week.

1 comment:

seamom said...

Very nice! The hydrangea is beautifully colored. (I wish the sparkle could be seen in its full glory!) I LOVE the layered borders. What a great look!