Saturday, July 17, 2010

Inspiration

Hey, everyone. Has it really been over a week since I posted? I guess that's what happens when I have a class and I get busy making my samples and kits. Thursday was my technique class (or classes, since I do both morning and afternoon).

Today was the start of the 2010 Dare to Get Dirty challenges for the SCS fan club members. Each day 4 or 5 challenges are posted (total of 33) by current and previous Dirty Dozen team members. They are always a lot of fun and I try to do them all, since everyone who gets them all done by a certain date gets entered in a drawing for a prize. Although I combined some of today's challenges into just two cards, I managed to complete all five of the challenges that were posted today. I'll share some of those cards at a later date.

When I was finished with those, I worked on today's inspiration challenge on SCS. I chose this set of earrings as my inspiration.
Using the bird from SU's Carte Postale and a sentiment from a small set that is unmarked, I made a very simple card.

I used nestabilities labels nine (Spellbinders) in my cuttlebug, first cutting, then embossing and sponging. The bird is stamped in turquoise over the sponging. I stamped a 2nd bird, cut it out and sponged the edges with pacific point ink, which is also used on the edges of the labels die cuts. Each of the layers is popped up on dimensional tape.

For the strip across the card, I used pacific point and white, with some faux stitching and sponging. I added some turquoise gems for an accent and stamped the sentiment near the bottom and it's done. I like when I can make a simple card that still looks special.

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit today.

No comments: