Saturday, July 24, 2010

orange you happy?

Hi everyone. It's Saturday! Orange you happy? It's not raining at the moment, but the skies are gray again. It did rain in the night. I know rain is good for the earth, but there are some days that I wish I could give it to those in So. California or other dry places that desperately need it. We've had more than our share this summer. The grass is wonderfully green and the mosquitoes are plentiful.

On to my card. It's orange! And it's bright! This is another card done for the Dare to Get Dirty 2010 challenges on SCS.

Stamps used - wonderful wings, because I care, and very versatile (all SU). Ink used - jet black stazon, only orange, tangerine tango, and certainly celery. Cardstock used - tangerine tango, whisper white.

The butterfly is colored with sponging, pressing hard and rubbing in circles. The hydrangea is colored with markers. The ovals are die cut with Spellbinders classic and petite ovals nestabilities. The ovals and butterfly wings are popped up.

And see those fun green strips - not ribbon! I was just trying to figure out what ribbon I wanted to use on the card when Mr. Brown came with a couple of boxes from SU. Inside one was this very cool punch called dotted scallop ribbon border punch. I had to try it out and it was perfect for my card.

Also used are pearls from Kaisercraft and a Cuttlebug floral fantasy embossing folder.

Thanks for stopping by to visit. Be wonderfully blessed.

No comments: