Friday, July 9, 2010

sunshine after the rain

Hi everyone. We finally have some sunshine today after many days of clouds and rain. And I have a very bright card to show you. Yesterday's ways to use it challenge on SCS was to use yellow.

Since I was teaching a class in the morning, I didn't get to the challenge until sometime in the afternoon. And then I forgot to post it here yesterday.

I pulled out some summer sun cardstock and stamped the open flower from fast & fabulous (new SU hostess set) a few times with black stazon, cut them out and sponged the edges of the petals with ruby red ink. I backed the flowers with some black circles and popped them up on dimensional tape on a green galore card base.

On the left side of the card, I punched the eyelet border punch on both sides of a strip of black, added a strip of summer sun sponged with ruby red and then punched a bunch of tiny black butterflies with a Martha Stewart punch and added them on the summer sun. And there you have it - a nice bright sunshiny card.

Thanks so much for stopping in today.

No comments: