Wednesday, August 25, 2010

and the morning flew by...

Hey everyone. I sat down to make a card this morning and the morning just flew by. I really didn't think it was going to take me that long - and the card wasn't even complicated.

The sketch challenge on SCS was a really simple one today, so I decided to play. I pulled out a new set that I received free in a random draw for a challenge I participated in for Gina K. It's called Signs of Autumn and has a nice variety of images relating to fall, which is a season that I really love. I decided to use the sunflower image, although I have a tendency to make my flowers something other than what the stamp might indicate. I colored the image using SU markers, added some sponging and doodling around the edges and mounted that on black.

The card base is dusty durango (I think - didn't check, and SU's colors lately have been close to, but not quite, another color in the palette. I used to know every one without double checking, but not anymore with all the in colors that are only around for a year. ). I stamped the maple leaf randomly with dusty durango ink and sponged and doodled the edges with chocolate chip.

The bar across the bottom is some designer paper from a JoAnn's stack, mounted on black. I stamped and colored each of the flowers, then cut them out and added some chocolate chip on the tips of the petals.

The sentiment is from Think Happy Thoughts (SU). I wanted to use the same flower again on that, so that meant one more to color and cut out. I think that's where the morning went - cutting out flowers.

Thanks for stopping by for a visit today. I hope the rest of your day is filled with wonder.

1 comment:

bensarmom said...

Melody, you've done a magnificent job with this card. I'm partial to sunflowers and you've done so much to make this amazing. All that cutting and the tips of the flowers are unbelievable. Your time was well worth it in my book!