Saturday, August 21, 2010

inspiration

Hey, everyone. I hope you're having a great weekend. It's hot and humid here -- again! I did a little stamping this morning. I checked the inspiration challenge on SCS and within a couple of clicks on the linked site, I found just what I needed to inspire my card -- these fun baby bouncy balls -- a circle and a butterfly, and I was away to stamp.

I thought I'd check my precut/prestamped stash and found a kit for a tent topper card -- the card base in pacific point and die cut circles and a die cut butterfly, plus a couple of extra pieces of vanilla. I decided to stamp the butterfly with the flowers in Elements of Style (SU) and color them with blues & rich razzleberry. Then I sponged the edges with pacific point.

For the vanilla layer on the card base, I stamped Silhouette Grass (Hero Arts) in river rock. And on the vanilla circle layer, I stamped Lined Paper (Cornish Heritage Farms) in river rock. I sponged both of these with rich razzleberry.

I wanted to add some flowers and the other piece of vanilla wasn't big enough, so I grabbed another one and stamped the large flower from Delight in Life (SU) four times and colored them with prismacolor pencils and gamsol and then cut them out and sponged the edges with pacific point. I stacked them two together and added some punched leaves in old olive, which I added veins to with a marker.

This style of card is fun to make. You just need to be careful that when you attach the front piece at the top, it will still fit in the envelope.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I always appreciate your visit and comments.

No comments: