Saturday, August 28, 2010

inspired by a dress

Happy Saturday, everyone. Well, I'm still on my Friday, but it's after midnight. Stef usually posts Saturday's inspiration challenge on SCS on Friday night, so when I saw it, I decided to play. The rest of the family was at the athletic club playing wallyball, so having the house to myself is a good time to be stamping. It's VSN (virtual stamp night) weekend on SCS and I was playing along. I actually was keeping up or even ahead, so I have all of tonight's challenges finished. Since I already had my stuff out, I jumped right on the inspiration challenge.

I picked this dress to use as my inspiration. I was going to use another dress, but after stamping and embossing white on vanilla, I decided that it didn't show up enough and went with the other dress instead. Since I really don't care much for pink, I went for a peachy color instead. I grabbed a piece of groovy guava, thinking I had peach parfait and went to work. I pulled out my Hero Arts lace background stamp and inked it up with white craft ink and stamped the groovy guava. Then I embossed it with white ep. I trimmed the curve by hand. I didn't even measure or draw a guideline... just took my scissors and started cutting.

I thought about pleating some cardstock for the lower portion, but decided that would get too bulky, so I used an embossing folder instead (distress stripes). I sponged over that just a bit to bring out the texture some.

I stamped the sentiment from a beautiful life (SU) and punched it out with my large oval punch. I punched a scallop oval from the corner that I had trimmed off the top.

The pearls are from a pretties kit (SU) and the flower is one that I crocheted. This ended up being a pretty simple card, but I like it.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

Starla said...

HOLY MOLY Melody! You've been crankin' out the goodies!! I think the fall cards are my favorite (love fall. And fall means cooler temps! hehe!)

bensarmom said...

Melody, this is just gorgeous! I love all the little details you put into this. Wowzers!