Monday, August 30, 2010

more cardboard

Hi. This is my 2nd post today. I had so much fun with the last card, I decided to make another for the technique challenge on SCS.

On this second card, I used two separate boxes, so there is a difference in the width of the corrugated texture. I used a couple of Sizzix dies - caged bird and birdhouse. On the birdhouse, I inked it with vintage photo distress ink and added cherry cobbler for the roof, which I embossed with tiny mosaic embossing folder. The bird is inked with cherry cobbler. I'm always surprised when the ink completely changes color on some surfaces.

The card base is naturals ivory, inked with mellow moss and cherry cobbler. Stamps used are Gratitude (Club Stamp) and Fundamental Phrases (SU).

The button is from my stash and I tied a piece of taupe hemp through it.

I didn't get any more cards done for VSN. I guess I just ran out of steam.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: