Hey, my friends. Are you all set for a great weekend? Saturday is World Card Making Day and SCS has something special planned. I don't know yet what it is, but I'll be there bright and early to find out. I suspect that there will be some challenges involved, which are always fun.
Last night was another Gina K Designs release party on Stamp TV. Although I completely missed the party chatting, I answered all the contest questions and today I stamped a card for each of the three challenges. Gina always has random drawings for free stamp sets, so I like to join in when I can. I pretty much used the signs of autumn (which is a set I won from Gina K) on all three cards, with the exception of the sentiments, two which are SU and the third is a rub-on (also SU).
The first one is a small note card -- only 1/4 sheet of cardstock folded in half for the base. It took me what seemed like forever to get this one done. Maybe that was because my "canvas" was not the usual size. I've been trying to use things that I have lying around from previous stamping sessions, so on this card, I used a piece that was already embossed. It was cut as a circle, but I wanted an oval, so I just re-cut it.
I love using unusual colors for things (must be the rebel in me) -- hence the turquoise/blue leaves. I think it adds a bit of a surprise factor. Of course, I love blue...
Next is a card that we could use no more than one layer -- just the base card + one layer. We also had to round two of the corners and add three pieces of bling. I used the faux tearing or faux layering technique to create an illusion of more than one layer. I've also been making a point of using some of my neglected dies, so I used the maple leaf (Spellbinders) to create a frame for the flowers. For the last card, we had to use at least two stamps from the same set, one to create a background and one for the main image. I used a leaf, stamping off once before stamping randomly for the background. I used the coffee cup for the main image. I colored it with prismacolor pencils and gamsol. I die cut the image with nestabilities labels #11 (Spellbinders) and faux stitched the edge.
I wanted to use a partial circle behind the image. I was going to use black (used a CD to cut around), but it was way too much black, so I got the idea to just use a line of faux stitching instead.
The photo corner was another leftover from a previous project. I wrapped some black crochet cotton around the rust panel. I had the picture taken and was uploading before I realized that I had forgotten the sentiment. I wasn't sure what was going to fit, but then I remembered that I have rub-ons (which, incidently, I NEVER use). So I pulled out some and found a nice workable sentiment, rubbed it on, and then re-photographed the card.
Thanks so much for stopping by. May your day be filled with wonder.