Sunday, October 3, 2010

A wall of butterflies

Hi, my friends. I think fall has officially arrived. I had to turn on the heat this morning.

Yesterday, about mid-afternoon, I decided that I was going to do a card for the inspiration challenge on SCS, using the sample on the right given in the post. I finished the card just before we were headed out to an Indian restaurant for dinner, so I didn't get it posted last night.

I used a tiny butterfly (a muse) to randomly stamp in black on white and then I embossed the piece with my new bricked embossing folder (Tim Holtz/Sizzix). I really like this folder. I used a flower stem (Lizzie Anne) and a flower & butterfly (Innovative Stamp Creations), which I stamped in black, then sponged with tangerine tango, cut out and sponged the edges with cherry cobbler. A sentiment (SU), some black layering and a bit of dimensional tape and I was finished.

Thanks for stopping by today. May your day be wonder-filled.

No comments: