Hi, my friends. I made two cards today. It's a wallyball night for the rest of the family, which meant I could leave my stuff out longer, allowing me more stamping time. Since I was teaching classes yesterday, I didn't get a chance to do any creating, so I was playing catch up today. I did double challenges on both cards.
The first card is for yesterday's Hope challenge on SCS (handmade embellishments), as well as the ways to use it challenge of using fabric. On the card base, I stamped my denim background (Cornish Heritage Farms). The background image on the next layer is silhouette grass (Hero Arts) stamped in cherry cobbler.
I die cut a denim flower and then crocheted the center. Then I embossed a paper fastener with dark denim embossing powder to put in the center and hold the flower layers together.
The leaf is a new set I bought last weekend at a stamp expo in Milwaukee. It's a set from Heartfelt Creations called Open Falling Leaves. This is one of their stamp sets that has matching dies you can get. I didn't get the die set to match these stamps, but I will probably get it sometime. But for now, I just cut out the leaf. The diagonal strips are navy and cherry cobbler. The sentiment is from Endless Creations.
The second card is today's Hope challenge and this week's sketch challenge. We had to use 3 different pieces of designer paper. I seldom use dp, because I guess I'm intimidated by all the different patterns and colors. I really shouldn't be, since I use that kind of thing in quilting all the time. I guess the difference is that each piece of fabric is just a very small part of the whole quilt, but on a card, each paper is a large section of the card. But every so often, a challenge like this forces me out of my comfort zone. I used a 6" pad called Indian Summer by Basic Grey. It helped to have papers that coordinate well with each other.
The flower image is from Local King Rubber Stamps. I stamped it in tuxedo black memento ink and colored it with copic markers. I've been trying to use those more often, but I'm finding that I am seriously lacking a nice variety of colors. I decided that I should buy a few every month or so, slowly building up my collection. So today I went out and bought five more. Not so many when there are over 300 colors.
This challenge also required two different embellishments, so I added some brads and pearls. The last requirement was ribbon, so I tied a small piece of black grosgrain ribbon around one panel.
Thanks so much for stopping in for a visit. Have a wonder-filled weekend.