Friday, December 17, 2010

sewing

Hi my friends. I have hardly touched my stamps lately, except to make cards for classes. I have two to show you from yesterday's technique class. One is embedded embossing. What a simple fun technique. The other is faux burnt edge. This one is a bit more involved with a LOT of sponging. I wanted this card to look like a page that had been doodled on, torn from a notebook, coffee stained, etc. I think I achieved that look. What do you think?

I also have spent some time with my sewing machine. One of the things I've been working on is this stocking for a good friend of my daughter. I traced around one of our stockings for a pattern, then strip pieced the front and trimmed the excess. It went together pretty quickly.

I apologize for the poor quality of the photos. My computer crashed last week and I had to have my operating system reinstalled. So I'm using a new photo software and either I'm clueless, or it's just very limited. I haven't been able to figure out how to sharpen the focus, so I'm going to see what else I can find to use.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Starla said...

Cute stocking! Always impressed with those who sew!
What photo program are you using? Not that Any help from me wouldn't be like the blind leading the blind! Just thought if it was one I have used, I might have an idea!