Saturday, January 8, 2011

My first DT release

Exciting! Hi my friends. Today is the first release for me as a Squigglefly design team member. All of their images are digital, so they can be any size you choose. You can also flip them so they face the opposite direction. I'm sure there are other manipulations that you can do, but my computer savvy is pretty limited, so I haven't figured out anything else yet.

My first card uses two images - 'flower tag' and 'love is friendship set to music'. I printed them together. The image is colored with twinkling h2o's.

For the background, I ran a piece of white cardstock through my Alegro embossing folder and then spritzed lavender lace ink on it with my color spritzer tool.

I added some velvet and grosgrain ribbon to the tag and attached it with dimensional tape.

The little heart is made with an embosslit, which cuts and embosses at the same time. I ran a marker around the edge to define it a bit and sponged it lightly.

The purple rhinestone completes the card.

My second card is (are you ready?)... tangerine... again (haha -- see last post)!

I printed three of the tags in a smaller size and again colored with twinkling h2o's. Then I punched out a portion with a 1-3/8" square punch and backed them with black.

I used a flourish stamp from Inkadinkado, which I stamped in both tangerine tango and certainly celery. A strip of tangerine and black accent the flowers.

The sentiment is from Endless Creations.

Head on over to Squigglefly and check out the images.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Have a wonderful day.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Melody, both of these cards are just beautiful! You did a wonderful job with the tag image. I would have never thought to use a square punch like you did with the 2nd card. And, btw......I love the tangerine!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Melody!! Fabulous use of the images!! I love that fabby tag and your colors are just gorgeous!! Great job sweetie!!HUGS

Dana said...

Melody, these are both so adorable!! I love the colors on both!!
Hugs~
Dana

Holly Young said...

melody, the first card is so feminine and pretty! I love the lilac color!
I haven't used any of the embosslits yet, but they are on my wish list!

your second card is so creative - a way of thinking outside of the way the image comes! I am loving your layout and the way you used two colors for your flourishes!

Starla said...

I really like the second card. The color pops at you and the flip of the image (in that layout0 is great