Wednesday, January 5, 2011

a sneak peek

Hi my friends. My card today is a sneak peek of a digital image (sentiment) being released on January 8th over at Squigglefly. I also used some butterflies from Fancy Flowers, which is not a new set of images. I trimmed off the tails and just filled in the edge with a black marker. I sponged them with cherry cobbler ink and added some pearls for the bodies and some Atyou Spica highlights for a bit of glitz on the wings.

This was for a design team challenge 'put your heart into it'. I don't have any digital heart images, so I used a heart punch and die cuts. The heart is die cut from some old sheet music using Spellbinders hearts nestabilities.

The background is embossed with woodgrain embossing folder and sponged.

I added some dots with a white gel pen on the scallops and some tiny punched hearts on the sentiment piece and in the corners.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.

5 comments:

Holly Young said...

Melody, this is sooo pretty! I love the sheet music inside the heart! It goes perfectly with that sentiment. Your sponged and embossed background and the white gel pen dots are some great touches! beautiful butterflies!

Dana said...

Very pretty!! I love your embossed background and I adore your white gel pen bits!! It really makes those nestie shapes pop!
Hugs~
Dana

raynay68 said...

ooh I love this! It is just stunning. Love the background! and the music notes heart. Hugz n blessings.

Starla said...

Love the way you tied in the sheet music to the sentiment

Anonymous said...

WOW!! This is really gorgeous!! I love the musical note heart!! Brilliant design!! TFS! HUGS