Friday, February 18, 2011

busy girl

Hi my friends. I've been a busy girl today. I made five cards. The first one I made is for the next Squigglefly release, so I can't show you that one yet. But I'll let you see the other four.

Last night was the February stamp release at Gina K Designs, and there was a party at StampTV. There are always challenges and questions, which will have random drawings for prizes, so I like to participate. You just never know when your name might be drawn.

My first card is for a color challenge - yellow, green and neutral. I used a fun technique called embedded embossing. I punched out some little flowers, sponged the edges, glued them to my white cardstock and then ran it through a cuttlebug embossing folder. The butterfly is from Take Flight (GKD) and the sentiment from Cornish Heritage Farms.

The next card had to use twine. I used the same butterfly set plus a stamp from Notably Ornate (SU) and painted them with twinkling H2O's. If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you know that I'm not a pink lover, but I do use it once in awhile. This just happens to be one of those times. I used a border punch on the black and happened to have some pink hemp twine that was a perfect match. Of course, if you're using pink, you have to have a little bling.

My next card is for a sketch. The sketch was a square card, but I prefer A2 cards, so I just stretched it out a bit. The DP is from a small pad from provo craft and I embossed both pieces with my textile embossing folder. The circles were cut with nestabilities dies. The stamp is from Gina K's Signs of Autumn and colored with markers. The flowers were punched from the DP and sponged with brilliant blue ink. The 'ribbon' is faux, with faux stitching. The leaves are a Martha Stewart punch.

My last card is for Saturday's inspiration challenge on SCS. I chose a simple design for my inspiration. The flourish (Inkadinkado) and sentiment (SU) are embossed in ivory. The flower (Delight in Life - SU) is stamped three times in timber brown stazon and colored with watercolor pencils and blender pen. The brad is from my stash.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your cards. I so often wish that I participated in the challenges but never seem to get around to it. I just admire those who do such great jobs. LOL!