Monday, February 21, 2011

dancing divas

Good Monday morning, my friends. More snow here. Yesterday was a mix between snow, sleet, rain, etc. all day long. Really kept us guessing. But this morning, it's just snow. I had planned to go visit my sister today and enjoy some crafting fun, but I'm gonna be wimpy and stay home, safe and warm.

Today is another challenge (SFC86 - Digital Delights!) over on the Squigglefly blog, and the design team is showcasing some of the newest images. (Sorry I'm a bit late getting my post up. I hit the off button on the alarm this morning and then promptly fell back asleep. With my limited computer knowledge, I haven't yet figured out how to set my blog to auto post. I guess I need to work on that. )

The title of the challenge is "Digital Delights!"
What does that mean you ask?....We are putting emphasis on the letter "D" today! When making your creation, be sure to use/add something that starts with the letter "D" (besides digital image of course as that's a given!) So use things like dots, decorative papers, dew drops, doily, deco paint...you get the idea, right?! So get out those delightful digital Squigglefly stamps and get creating! DOH!:)

**You don't *have* to use a Squigglefly image, but in order to qualify for a prize you MUST use one. You can also combine SF images with non-SF images to qualify too! Don't have one? Then try looking at the FREEBIES section and use one of those!**

My card uses Little Bunny Foo Foo. For my "D", I used some designer paper and decided to make my bunnies dancing, hence the title.

I cut out the bunnies and added just a touch of pink copic marker to their ears and noses. For the tutus, I gathered some mint green, lavender, and coral lace with a running stitch and then pulled the thread tight. I just tucked the threads underneath when I adhered the lace to the bunnies. I gave each bunny a rhinestone earring, as well.

The background is stamped in several colors with one small flower. The top strip of designer paper is punched with a doily edge punch from Martha Stewart and then I added a few rhinestones. The green strip near the bottom is ribbon.

Thanks for visiting today. Be sure to head on over to the Squigglefly blog and check out what the rest of the design team as made. Then grab your digital images and make a card for the challenge.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!! Melody, this is so very CUTE!! I love your sweet little bunnies hun with the added lacey dresses!! You did such an excellent job of coming up with just the right "D"s for your project hun!! I love you brilliant use of the images!! Thanks so much for your wonderful creation!! :) HUGS

P.S. Oh my girl...please let me help you to schedule your posts!! It's very easy!!!

Holly Young said...

These are so cute melody. They remind me of little Easter peeps. I love the little tutus and their earrings!

ellepaulette said...

This card is soooooo cute! I am loving it!!

Rebecca said...

the dancing bunnies are simply delightful!

JanR said...

Love those tutus, such a cute idea!

(Let Vicki help you with scheduling your posts. You won't believe how easy it is! :-) )

Starla said...

LOVE the tutus!