Thursday, March 3, 2011

a challenge for spring



Hello my friends. There is a new challenge for this month over at Splitcoaststampers. It's called Spotted Canary Spring Challenge. It lasts all month long. You can enter as many projects as you want and there will be a random drawing for a $500 prize package of EK Success products. How cool is that.

Today, I made two cards for this challenge.

The first one uses some digital images from Squigglefly called fancy flowers. I colored them with copic markers and then sponged the edges just a bit with vintage photo distress ink. Layered behind the flowers are circles (spellbinders) in mustard and black and a floral doily motif (spellbinders) cut from celery cardstock. I wanted the celery to match the leaves better, so I just used a copic marker to color over it and changed the color.

For the card base, I tried a lot of different colors before deciding on the one I used (somewhere between green and yellow). It's from a pack of cardstock that I purchased at a local stamp convention.

The sentiment is from SU. And the brads are just punched out black cardstock.

The image on the second card is from Paper Inspirations. I colored it with old olive and tangerine tango markers and then huffed on the stamp to remoisten the ink and stamped on white cardstock. I added a little bit of black in the centers of the flowers.

The card base is kraft stamped with lattice background (cornish heritage farms) in white craft ink. The remaining layers are black, dusty durango and groovy guava. Some faux stitching completes the card.

Thank you so much for stopping in today.

1 comment:

Starla said...

I love the bright colors on the first card. The second card is more serene. Amazing how colors really can change the mood of a card!