Wednesday, March 2, 2011

vsn cards

Happy Wednesday, my friends. We have sunshine this morning - nice.

I almost didn't participate in VSN this past weekend. When I checked the challenges, they simply failed to inspire me. However, on Monday morning I got an email from my sister wondering why she wasn't seeing any VSN cards from me. ACK! Nothing like having someone checking up on you, right?

So I went back and rechecked the challenges and decided to play. I still had until Monday evening to get them uploaded. I chose one with embossed vellum, another that needed a bird, and one that had to have a red dress.

For the first one, I started by stamping damask panel (Rubbernecker) with a Colorbox chalk ink on shimmery white cardstock and then die cut with my new floral doily motifs (Spellbinders). I sponged the edges a bit with the same ink.

Then I stamped ten flowers (delight in life - SU) on vellum cardstock with white craft ink and embossed with white embossing powder. I cut them out and lightly sponged color on the back, pink for the flowers and green for the leaves. I stacked three together for each blossom, offsetting the petals for a full flower. I glued them down and added leaves, which are made from one flower cut apart.

The sentiment is from warmest regards (SU).

I added some pink liquid pearls for the flower centers as well as some accents on the card.

My next card is a very quick and simple one. I used all white cardstock, except for a single layer of brilliant blue. The flourish (inkadinkado) and the bird (carte postale - SU) are stamped in brilliant blue craft ink and embossed with hologram highlights embossing powder. Behind the bird is another of the spellbinders floral doily motifs. I really love this new set of dies.

The sentiment is again from warmest regards (SU) and stamped in brilliant blue ink.

My last card uses that same spellbinders set, as well as fancy tags. The dress is made from petite scallop circles dies, folded according to these directions. I used black ribbon at the waist and some punched flowers.

The sentiment is computer generated. I added some pearls, which I colored with a pink copic marker.

Goodness! I made two pink cards in one day!

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope your week is going well.

3 comments:

Jeanne H said...

Goodness, I love all 3 VSN cards. Lovely colors and I do love pink! Thanks for your inspiration.

Starla said...

I think my favorite is the embossed vellum...very soft and pretty!

Renee Matarese said...

I love the pink sympathy card. The flowers are beautiful and the fancy circle is so pretty with the background stamped that way. Thanks for the birthday wishes on SCS.