Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Monday

Hi my friends. Gina K Designs had another stamp release on Thursday, and of course, that means challenges. Since they are due today, I thought I'd get busy and see if I could make a couple of cards.

My first card is for the challenge Pretty Paper Triple Play. This one required the use of three different patterns of paper. Not so easy for me, since I'm rather challenged when it comes to using patterned papers. But I decided I was up for the challenge, since I know that this is something I need to conquer, so I went ahead and made a card. Now I have to admit that the basic layout is something I'd seen on the Spellbinders blog, but of course, I changed it up and made it my own.

I used two Basic Grey papers and one from Cosmo Cricket. I glued them together and then die cut them with my NEW reverse wonky rectangles dies from Spellbinders. I did a bit of sponging around the edges and added a piece of lace. The sentiment is from an old stamp set which I bought locally many years ago.

For the flower, I punched several layers of blush blossom cardstock with two sizes of flower punches and stamped the top layer with a Gina K set called signs of autumn and cut out one flower. All the edges were sponged with aged mahogany distress ink. Then I glued them all together and attached them with dimensional tape.

My second card is for the Random Findings challenge. This challenge required using some unusual items on the card, so I pulled out a wine cork and sliced it up to use.

The butterfly (take flight - gkd) was stamped in jet black stazon and sponged with summer sun, tangerine tango and ruby red inks.

The papers are Basic Grey and the black 'ribbon' is cardstock, which has been rather mutilated to soften and ruffle. I added a faux stitched butterfly trail with a black marker.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope your week is joyful.

No comments: