Saturday, April 30, 2011

VSN Mini

Hi my friends. I hope you are having a great weekend. I did a bunch of stamping on Friday. It was a mini VSN on SCS. The theme is a pirate party, so all the challenges are somehow related to that theme. The first challenge, weigh anchor and hoist the mizzen, required the use of fabric on our card.

I started by stamping the sunflower group from Local King Rubber Stamps with tuxedo black memento ink on white cardstock, and coloring with copic markers. Then I looked for a piece of fabric that would match. I cut the fabric and sewed it to my cardstock with my sewing machine. After punching the edge of the image piece with a scallop edge punch, I added some small dots in the center of each scallop. After gluing that to the fabric piece, I tied a ribbon around it and glued that to my card base.

My next card was for an inspiration challenge. To obtain a look that was representative of the photo, I dragged some ink pads across a piece of watercolor paper and then spritzed it with water and used my fingers to blend the colors. That's a really good way to get inky fingers. Then I added a line of tiny buttons across the card on thread.

The sentiment is from PSX.

My next card was for a color challenge based on the colors of a parrot, green, orange, yellow & blue.

I colored my stamp from Wings of Friendship (SU) with markers, misted the stamp with water and then stamped. I die cut the image, as well as a couple more pieces in circles. One I also embossed with my textile embossing folder. I used a bird punch to make a second bird, which is attached with dimensional tape.

My last card is for the challenge, walk the plank. I used faux wood on my card background, using creamy caramel, . Stamps used are from Because I care (SU) I stamped with tuxedo black memento ink and colored with copic markers. Then I stamped linen (SU) over that with creamy caramel ink. Some black brads finish the card.

There was one more challenge, a sketch, but I didn't get that one done. I have until Monday evening to finish, so I may still do that one.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Starla said...

HOLY COW! You really knocked the cards out for the mini!! I think my favorite one is the watercolor one. Just appeals to me. Maybe it's the calm colors! I need some calm! hehe