Monday, May 30, 2011

Squigglyfly challenge #100

Happy Monday, my friends. The challenges on the Squigglefly blog have reached #100 - Triple Digits!

For my card, I first printed a piece of digital paper from ComputerScrapbook.com (girls night out), and then printed flowers from Squigglefly set Fancy Flowers (can you tell I like this set?) on the same paper. There may be an easier way to to that, but my computer skills are somewhat limited, so I just do what I know how to do.

I cut out the flowers and then used some of the scraps to die cut with my Doily Pendants die from Spellbinders and sponged the edges of both the flowers and the die cuts with cherry cobbler ink. In between the flowers and the die cuts, I put 1-3/8" circles of ivory cardstock, with the flowers raised on dimensional tape.

I punched fancy photo corners and added a few dots with a black marker.

I printed the sentiment on my computer and to go with the theme of threes, I printed 'laugh' three times. I cut the words out and backed them with more scraps from the digi paper. I attached them with dimensional tape.

As I looked at what I thought was my completed card, I realized that it needed something to 'pull it together' a bit, so I added a meandering dotted line with my black marker. Kind of a fun way to fill in the blank areas.

We'd love to have you play along with the challenge this week. Although you may use any images on your creation to enter the challenge, in order to qualify for the prize you must use at least one Squigglefly image! You may combine SF images with non-SF images to qualify! If you don't have any Squigglefly images, help yourself from the FREEBIES available.

You have until Sunday evening to upload your new creation to your blog or any on-line photo gallery. Please use SFC100 in your keywords.

Please add a DIRECT link to your project in the InLinkz box on the SF blog, so we can find it -- (new creations only and no back-linking please!). If you have more than one entry, link each one separately.

The winner will be announced at the same time the new challenge post comes up next Monday, so be sure to check back to see if you are a winner!

Be sure to stop over at the Squigglefly blog and check out what the rest of the design team has done with today's challenge.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful week.

7 comments:

Holly Young said...

melody the black dots really do complete this. You did a great job on making those dots! I really like your corner embellishing too.

Anonymous said...

Oh Melody, your use of this set has been just brilliant and I've really enjoyed seeing all of your ideas with it!! :) Wonderful triple flowers and colors here!!! TFS!! BIG HUGS

Rebecca said...

The doily die is perfect with those flowers - love the card and your sentiment! Great job!!!!

JanR said...

Nice! Your dotted line looks great!

ellepaulette said...

Such a sweet card!!

Stephanie aka Nerdette said...

Beautiful card. I love your markered swirly dotted lines, I thought they were a stamp or part of the DP before reading your post.

dawnmercedes said...

You have some neat corner embellies there!