Hi my friends. It's way hotter than my comfort level today. 90 last I checked. I went out & picked some asparagus and rhubarb and watered my small garden, but now I'm inside where the AC is keeping me cool.
I finished my card for Grungy Monday #10 today. This is a weekly challenge celebrating the techniques and products of Tim Holtz, hostessed by Linda Ledbetter on her blog, Studio L3. This week the challenge is to use distress inks.
I started with a piece of corrugated cardboard, which I sprayed on one side with water and let it sit for a few minutes to make it easy to remove the outer layer and reveal the texture underneath. I tore the edges and added a bit of ivory acrylic paint on the ridges. After letting that dry, I inked the edges with vintage photo distress ink.
I tore a strip of unbleached muslin and dyed it with spiced marmalade and worn lipstick DI's and dried it with my heat gun. Then I stamped the butterflies with black archival ink. I attached it with staples and glue dots, forming pleats. I also added some magic mesh.
I chose groovy guava cardstock for the base, because it matched the fabric. The flourish is stamped in vintage photo DI. I used my new stamps from Michaels (the only Tim Holtz stamp set I own).
The sentiment is from a set of words that I purchased locally a number of years ago. I just cut it out with deckle scissors and sponged the edge with vintage photo DI.
A large brad, a metal flower from a necklace and a piece of hardware from my son's old jeans complete the card.
Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope the remainder of the week is a good one for you.