Saturday, November 5, 2011

inspired by old boards

Hi my friends.  Summer is definitely over.  We've had frost on the ground just about every morning this week and the temperature during the day has only been about 50.  Not that I mind.  I love fall, but I don't really look forward to the cold that's coming soon. 

Tonight when the inspiration challenge was posted on SCS, I looked at the samples shown from the selected website and didn't even go check out the site.  I could easily have used any of the first four given, but chose the fourth one, which looks like a wall made of old boards.  I decided to make a background that had a similar look, so I cut strips of designer paper, sponged the edges with chocolate chip ink and glued them to my card front.  I added a few dots for nails with black marker. 

The flowers are made with my new stamp set, greenhouse garden (SU) using chocolate chip and sage shadow ink.  The leaves and branches are punched from rust card stock and sponged with chocolate chip. 

The sentiment is from another SU set, a beautiful thing, stamped in jet black stazon.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you have a fabulous weekend. 

2 comments:

Starla said...

Very cool!! I love the colored boards!

Unknown said...

Another great page, Well done.