Wednesday, November 9, 2011

a new use for something old

Hi my friends.  Today was a cold windy, rainy and SNOWY day.  Yes, you read that right.  For quite a while today, we had flakes coming down.  I'm just glad it was still warm enough that nothing accumulated.  I'm not quite ready for winter yet.

Maybe that's why the card I made is nice and summery.  Back in March there was a technique challenge on SCS to make a trellis card.  At the time, I didn't get a chance to participate.  But today, I finally made one.  This card is also for this month's challenge at Inspiration Emporium showcasing our favorite tools.  Without a doubt, I'd have to say my favorite tool is my cuttlebug.  I used it for both cutting and embossing on this card. 

The trellis instructions call for cutting 1/8" strips of paper, but I decided that since I have bin full of quilling paper strips in the basement from many, many years ago, those strips would be perfect and I wouldn't have to cut any.  And I was right - they were just what I needed.

The stamps are SU - wings of friendship and always in my thoughts.  I used a new embossing folder from a set of four called paper lace II.  The designer paper is from Indian Summer stack from JoAnn's.

This will be one of my class cards for next week, so I'm not going to go into detail on how it was made.

Thanks so much for visiting today.

No comments: