Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tim tag #1

Hello my friends.  I think I've sorta figured out how to work with Picasa, but not totally.  I still haven't figured out how to file and label my pictures in special folders, etc.  But hopefully, I can find them to post here on my blog. 

This is the first year that I've played along with Tim Holtz's 12 tags of Christmas.  Of course, I'm already behind.  This is day six and I have the first two finished.  I'm going to post them separately, since I'll be linking my post to some other places online and it's just easier that way. 

Here's the link to Tim's tag with all the instructions.  And here's my version. 


I didn't have the coordinations paper, so I painted a piece of kraft card stock with pool paint dabber.  After embossing in the wood grain embossing folder and heat embossing with white, I sanded it and think it gives the same look as the coordinations paper. 

I don't have the noel die, but I have the phrase 'peace & joy', so that made a good substitute. 

Another substitute -- I used a 3-D flower die by Sizzix instead of the pine cone.  It's basically the same thing, but the shape of the petals is slightly different.  It's definitely not a favorite die, but I think they look like little pine cones, which is what I was striving for.  The little branches are punched with a Martha Stewart punch and the poinsettia leaves are cut freehand.   I love the addition of the snow cap paint dabber and stickles. 

The music banner was cut freehand from some music printed off the computer.  All the fibers and beads are from my stash. 

Thanks so much for stopping by. 

3 comments:

Starla said...

I love your substitutions! I have that same sizzix die, and think it made great pinecones! (maybe my pinecones would turn out better than my attempted roses did!!)

anna christensen crafts said...

Meloday - I really like this tag -I am going to try and make a background using your technique. Inspirational!

dawnmercedes said...

oh wow! that flourish and spray for flowers is amazing. All 12 of these tags were so well thought out. You are amazing! Have a fabulous 2012!