Hello my friends. I've had some computer issues, so I'm again in a learning process. I've gone from windows XP to windows 7 (I think that's what it is anyway). And apparently this software does not accept the camera upload software that I was using, so I've switched to Picasa and I feel rather lost.
I made another wall hanging. I was making it for a November challenge on Outlaw Women Scrapbook Emporium yahoo group, which was to alter something, but I didn't finish until the last day of the challenge, and that's when my computer decided to act up, so I didn't get it in for the challenge.
I altered an old CD and made it something useful. I started by lightly painting over some designer paper that I really didn't like and then spraying over a couple of stencils with Adirondack spray wash and sponging some tea dye distress ink around the edge.
Then I die cut a bunch of grunge board with some Tim Holtz/Sizzix dies (branch tree, caged bird, mini branch & leaf set, and mini bird & cage set). I colored them with a combination of distress stains and copic markers. I was going to use a different bird die, but decided I really didn't like it, and chose this one instead.
The 'fun' part was attaching them all to the CD. First I arranged everything where I wanted it, but in order to glue it down, I had to remove everything, so I took a photo for reference. Because the grunge board is so thick, some of the front pieces are attached with dimensional tape.
For the back piece, I glued three pieces of corrugated cardboard together, which makes a really nice thick, sturdy back. Then I peeled the front layer and added several colors of acrylic paint. Once that was dry, I distressed the edges with a scissor blade. Then I attached the CD. I still have to add a hanger, but I'm really pleased with how it turned out.
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend.