Hello my friends. I was finally able to get my first Tim tag of the year finished this morning. I have most definitely deviated from his design and made it my own. Since my Tim stash is limited, I needed to improvise.
For the background, I embossed my tag with the woodgrain embossing folder, then used my brayer along with picket fence paint dabber to add paint to the raised areas. After that was dry, I sponged peeled paint distress ink over the tag, making sure the ink got down into the crevices. Then I wet a paper towel to gently wipe the ink from the painted areas. I added some water drops as well.
I don't have the cupid die or the heart die or any honeycomb paper, and since Valentine's day is past, I chose to do a spring tag instead. Of course, that requires at least one flower. This one made from tattered florals die was in my stash, but I wanted the color darker, so I sponged some extra ink on it and added the button.
The leaves are cut with deckle scissors, folded and sponged along the folds. I've used this method for leaves a couple of times previously and someone asked for instructions. I will try to come up with some sort of tutorial soon. Stayed tuned on that...
The letters are from an alphabet that I've had for a long time. I think it's Hero Arts, but it's not marked. I just stamped all the letters I needed on some cream card stock with jet black stazon ink, punched them out with a 3/4" square punch, then trimmed off some on the sides. I used distress inks to sponge each piece with different colors and edged them all with vintage photo. To define the blocks just a bit more, I used the side of a brush tip black marker and ran it along the edge. I glued the letters to strips of card stock before attaching them to the tag with dimensional tape.
The lace trim is hand crocheted and attached with the tiny attacher.
Thank you so much for stopping by today. Have a wonder-filled day.