Saturday, February 11, 2012

be true

Hello my friends.  I've been working bit by bit on art journal pages.  Last night I finished two.  I've found that making backgrounds works best by doing more than one page at a time, so I might coat several pages with gesso and then set them aside to dry.  Then I might add paint or ink with stencils, etc.  But since there is a lot of waiting for things to dry, doing several at the same time just makes sense.

One that I made really didn't fall into the category of the above.  I started it on Thursday for a quick-fire challenge on the OWSE yahoo group.  There were certain specifications on starting the background.  I also added pieces of old book pages, some stamping & hand wrote the words.

I'm starting to get a little more comfortable with making these pages.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Kathy Eddy said...

I just love this one Melody. The colors are gorgeous, the birs is beautiful, the book pages and flourishes were the perfect touch. You just seem to be such a natural at these pages. I just have to push myself on mine.