Saturday, February 11, 2012

word play

Happy Saturday, my friends.  If you read my last post, you probably saw that I finished two pages, but only posted one of them.  I prefer to do separate posts, so here is the 2nd one.

I decided that one of the art journals I wanted to make would be alphabetical, with each page spread having a letter of the alphabet and words beginning with that letter.  So I started with a title page.

Another challenge at OWSE yahoo group for art journaling was to use some type of media or supplies that were new or hadn't been used in a long time.  I recently purchased some glazing medium, which I used mixed with some acrylic paint.  Another new product that I hadn't used yet was some of Tim Holtz' tissue tape.

The title letters are die cut with a retired set of sizzlits alphabet letters (Sizzix) from corrugated cardboard and white card stock.  I colored the cardboard with distress stain and then offset the letters on the white.

The butterflies are from SU's Flores suaves set and are colored with copic markers and cut out.  I added some accents with white gel pen.  I also added some doodling.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I appreciate your visit and comments.

2 comments:

Kathy Eddy said...

This turned out great Mel.

Linda Manning Findley said...

Melody very lovely ... it's Tim's tape great .... Linda F