Hi my friends. This morning I got up and looked out the window and was surprised to see everything white and snow coming down. But the temps warmed up and it's all pretty much gone now.
Today I worked on finishing another project from Saturday's virtual slumber party at OWSE Yahoo group. This was a drawer box. The instructions can be found here on SCS. I had gotten the basic shell of my box done on Saturday night, but didn't get a chance to finish until today.
I made the basic box from card stock, but wasn't happy with how flimsy it was, so I added some corrugated cardboard to reinforce it. I simply added an extra layer of card stock inside the drawer.
For the embellishments, I used some die cut flowers, butterflies and accents, colored with various inks and sprays. The flowers were all manipulated while wet to get a 3-dimensional form. Some were already completed, so I only needed to make a couple. I cut leaves with deckle scissors and added vein lines with a marker.
I first accented the orange butterflies (Donna Salazar/Spellbinders) with black, but it was just too stark for the rest of the box, so I changed the color of the lacy part of the butterflies to wild honey and I like that much better.
I used a hot glue gun to adhere most of the embellishments.
For the handle, I also used one of the flowers with a few leaves.
I don't often make anything that is 3-dimensional, so this was really a challenge for me. I hope you like it.
Thanks so much for stopping by.