Tuesday, February 21, 2012


Hello again, my friends.  Since tonight is the deadline for finishing the challenges from our slumber party at OWSE Yahoo group, I needed to get this one done.  The technique is called tapestry and a tutorial can be found here on SCS.

I started by inking my white card stock with colorbox pigment inks from a petal point ink pad.  I used direct to paper rather than sponging, since the ink pads are sponge and that was quicker.

The next step is to stamp your image(s) (I used ferns - SU) in white pigment ink (I used SU white craft ink).  Then coat with clear embossing powder and heat.  I then put a coat of versamark ink on and another layer of clear embossing powder.  I'm really happy with how it turned out.  The last time I tried this technique, it didn't work at all.  Maybe using direct to paper put more ink down and gave a better surface for the embossing powder.  I layered this piece with black and then a ballet blue card base. 

I die cut a mini label (Tim Holtz/Sizzix) and stamped my sentiment (Hero Arts) and then sponged the edge with ballet & brilliant blue ink.  I attached the sentiment with dimensional tape over a strip of black card stock.  Had to do that twice, since the first time I had it on the card upside down - oops!   It came off the heavy layer of embossing pretty easily, so it was an easy fix.

I took the photo without flash, so you can't see how shiny the background is.

Thank you so much for stopping by.

No comments: