Monday, March 26, 2012

going green

Hello, my friends.  Since we normally still have snow on the ground and colder temps this time of year, I was surprised when I looked out today and saw that my asparagus was up.  I guess that's what the exceptionally warm temperatures will do.  Today, though, was much cooler than the past couple of weeks - only low 40's.  I went out and picked quite a bit, so I'm looking forward to a yummy treat.

In the All Things Tim Yahoo group, there is a challenge each month, and I realized today that the month is almost over and I still hadn't done the challenge.  The challenge was to make a green card or project, either mostly green in color, or reusing/recycling something, or both.  Of course, another requirement is to use at least two Tim things.

I used some cereal box chipboard and die cut the mini bird and cage and part of the dress form from the sewing room die.  Then I used versamark and embossed them with vintage vertigris embosssing powder and stacked them on chocolate chip card stock.

My card base is sage shadow and I added some accents of chocolate chip, by cutting small squares diagonally and gluing them along the edge.

The sentiment is also a Tim Holtz stamp.  I have such a hard time getting the cling mount stamps on straight, I decided to pull out my stamp-a-ma-jig.  What a difference that made.

I'm also entering this in the monthly challenge for Inspiration Emporium.  

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by.

No comments: