Saturday, March 24, 2012

inspired by a trunk

Happy Saturday, my friends.  It's another gray, cloudy day today.  A bit cooler than we've been having, but I guess that's more like our typical spring weather.

I checked the inspiration challenge on SCS this morning and decided to play, since my mojo has been friendly -- gotta take advantage of that.

Here is the side trunk that I used as my inspiration.

I started with a card base of sahara sand and some strips of creamy caramel.  I sponged the caramel strips with tea dye distress ink and then glued them to the edges of the card.  I used my mat pack and a chocolate chip marker to make faux brads.  For some reason, I couldn't get a nice crisp photo today.

The #1 was printed on my computer.  I made each character very large and used outline format and then printed on card stock.  After cutting them out, using both scissors and exacto knife, I glued them to the card and ran my chocolate chip marker around the edges.

As a finishing touch, I added just a bit of vintage photo distress ink around the edges of the card.

This card was actually more time consuming than it looks like it would be, since there were several things done by hand.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great day.

No comments: