Sunday, May 27, 2012

Beauty

Hello, my friends.  A hot day here today.  I turned on the AC early. 

Last night I finished an art journal spread.  The challenge from our art journal club at OWSE yahoo group was to use a saran wrap technique, which was basically two layers of acrylic paint & then a layer of wrinkled saran wrap over the wet 2nd layer & allowing it to dry completely before removing the saran wrap.  Very fun look with a lot of texture. 

I sponged on a bit more paint using a couple of Crafter's Workshop stencils. 

My flowers were inspired by the flowers on a quilt I have in progress.  I just cut similar shapes, but much smaller than the quilt.  I cut the flowers, leaves and stems from some designer paper and sponged ink around the edges. 

After gluing the flowers, stems and leaves down, I added a lot of dots with a white gel pen. 

The sentiment is computer generated, cut apart and sponged. 

I finished the spread off with a bit of doodling around the outer edge. 

Thank you so much for stopping by.  I hope you're enjoying your weekend. 

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Love it!! Thanks for the details on how you created the spread.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

What a fun technique...it looks great in your photo, but I bet it's even more fun in real life. I love all the little details you added...dots, background stamps, etc. And the color palette is fantastic!

Kathy Eddy said...

Very pretty Melody. Love your background.